Sherlock's started crashing!?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
For the last few days Sherlock's started crashing a few minutes after each search.

Innocuous enough (nothing else is affected) but getting to be a bit of a bore.

Any one else experienced this?

Any suggestions to cure it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Which version of Sherlock and which OS?

J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 6
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by Peter Miller:

<strong>For the last few days Sherlock's started crashing a few minutes after each search.

Innocuous enough (nothing else is affected) but getting to be a bit of a bore.

Any one else experienced this?

Any suggestions to cure it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have been having the same problem with sherlock 2 on OS9.1. When it crashes it sometimes takes out the finder too, but leaves my other applications running. I can quit all of these applications except for one. When there is only one application lesft running, I usually have to force restart.

A few things that I have noticed about Sherlock, hopefully they will help you.
    • I only quit Sherlock with key commands. It crashes when I use the File menu to quit, or the close box in the upper left hand corner.

• I only quit Sherlock from the find file panel. Quitting from the other parts will crash.

• I have completely reinstalled OS9.1 since this started heppening, and it still happens. That's the most frusterating.

• Reply 3 of 6
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Sherlock in OS X is pure crap. Takes forever to open and search. I just use 'find' in the Terminal now.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    what!? not grep?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I,too, have had the same thing happen to me on both my PowerBook G4 and my Power Mac G4 tower. I thought it was just me. Both Macs are running OS X 10.1.3. This seems to be a problem that just started recently as I hadn't had the problem before. I was pretty much a frequent user of Sherlock, so I noticed right away when it would act freeky and "unexpectedly quit." Something's outta whack.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatik:

<strong>what!? not grep? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey, it took me two hours to figure out find. I have yet to start on any other...