auto file translation

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I rebuilt my desktop a couple of months ago and it caused most of my icons to appear generic. Now when I double click on a generic icon, the program won't launch. Anyone know anything about this??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    are you running OS 9 or OS X?

when you did the rebuild, did it finish or did it crap out partway through? have you tried rebuilding since then?

assuming you're running OS 9, restart and rebuild again, make sure it gets a chance to finish.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>are you running OS 9 or OS X?

when you did the rebuild, did it finish or did it crap out partway through? have you tried rebuilding since then?

assuming you're running OS 9, restart and rebuild again, make sure it gets a chance to finish.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>are you running OS 9 or OS X?

assuming you're running OS 9, restart and rebuild again, make sure it gets a chance to finish.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've been shy to rebuild again, because some of the application Icons have been coming back. However, I still can't launch an application by double-clicking on a file... works only when the app is opened. I was in OS 9 when I rebuilt and it has also affected OSX as well. I will try to rebuild again and see what happens.

Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member