Apple's Jobs still not keen on iTunes subscription service

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Are you saying that whenever you stream something it comes down at exactly the rate required?

Except for slower connections that never happens.

Easily proven wrong: Stream any iTunes Radio audio channel and monitor its Rx throughput.

I wasn't talking about video streaming with caching and I'll agree that its characteristics can be as you've described. But in my experience Internet Radio streaming typically works as I've described, not utilizing more bandwidth/throughput/whatever-you-wanna-call-it than necessary.

Sorry I didn't make the type of streaming more explicit in the beginning, though I did admit to not necessary using the most accurate terminology. And maybe what I've just written could be clearer but right now I don't care since I'm about to watch a movie with my wife before it gets too late.
  • Reply 82 of 85
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjk View Post

Easily proven wrong: Stream any iTunes Radio audio channel and monitor its Rx throughput.

I wasn't talking about video streaming with caching and I'll agree that its characteristics can be as you've described. But in my experience Internet Radio streaming typically works as I've described, not utilizing more bandwidth/throughput/whatever-you-wanna-call-it than necessary.

Sorry I didn't make the type of streaming more explicit in the beginning, though I did admit to not necessary using the most accurate terminology. And maybe what I've just written could be clearer but right now I don't care since I'm about to watch a movie with my wife before it gets too late.

Really low throughput radio channels may seem to work that way, yes.
  • Reply 83 of 85
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    How "really low" do you mean? Any channel up to 192kbps I've tested definitely works that way; there's no "seems to" doubt about it. If you have counter-examples please post them.
  • Reply 84 of 85
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjk View Post

How "really low" do you mean? Any channel up to 192kbps I've tested definitely works that way; there's no "seems to" doubt about it. If you have counter-examples please post them.

I simply meant that without actually finding the technical info on it, it seems to be right.
  • Reply 85 of 85
    squall58squall58 Posts: 29member
    that is nice discussion~
    Quote:

i agree with what he said~``for me i used Imtoo iPod movie converter to rip my movie