MacBook Pro Prediction for WWDC

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If Apple is planning on releasing a redesigned MacBook Pro, I may be too early for this prediction, but I think it is going to incorporate the following:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...interface.html

This might also explain the "secret" features that haven't been disclosed for the new Leopard operating system.

Whatever the changes might be, I'm looking forward to it. I love the redesigns that Apple always thinks up. It is one of the reason's I am such a huge fan of anything Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Correct me if I am wrong... but I believe that patent was for use in the iPhone.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post

Correct me if I am wrong... but I believe that patent was for use in the iPhone.

I don't think any uses of the patent have made their way out of Apple's skunk works just yet. My personal feeling is that we may never see any Apple products that use this technology. Something about it seems very un-Apple.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea. It resolves one of the main drawbacks of touchscreen displays, which is the lack of tactile feedback. Still, I don't want to have to switch overlays every time I switch applications. This isn't the 80s and I didn't just buy a Colecovision. I can't think of a better solution, but I just have a hunch that this is something Apple played with in R&D and patented not for their own use, but for protection / future license revenue.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I agree, it does seem un-apple to me as well... Agreed it does solve some issues, but on the other hand, do you have any idea how many patents companies like Apple apply for? Any little development that they think is original enough, etc., they'll get a patent... so honestly, this could be just a side project some Apple employee was toying with in his free tiime. We just don't know where any of these will lead.