Windows XP on Modbooks?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The school i am going to is requireing all students to have a tablet PC next year, but theysaid we can choose whatever kind we want, as long as it follows some basic guidelines (Core2Duo, DVD burner, Win XP, ect.) My question is, if I get a Modbook, would I be able to run Windows XP tablet edition on it via Boot Camp or Paralles? Since I need a new Mac also, My only other option would be to buy a tablet, and a Macbook seperately.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

The school i am going to is requireing all students to have a tablet PC next year, but theysaid we can choose whatever kind we want, as long as it follows some basic guidelines (Core2Duo, DVD burner, Win XP, ect.)

Those are some pretty steep requirements. I don't see how they can expect you to pay for these things or do they give you the money?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

My question is, if I get a Modbook, would I be able to run Windows XP tablet edition on it via Boot Camp or Paralles? Since I need a new Mac also, My only other option would be to buy a tablet, and a Macbook seperately.

I would go separate personally. The modbook seems overpriced to me and it will probably have very little resale value. Having two computers is good because you always have a backup if one goes wrong. However, if you have a tablet PC, I'd consider an iMac over a Macbook as you will get a better GPU - maybe much better if the WWDC brings good things.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

However, if you have a tablet PC, I'd consider an iMac over a Macbook as you will get a better GPU - maybe much better if the WWDC brings good things.

Agreed. No reason to have two laptops. Just don't get a Gateway tablet, if you end up getting a PC laptop. I actually found a tablet on there for $1499, and it only had a 1.06GHz Core 2.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Those are some pretty steep requirements. I don't see how they can expect you to pay for these things or do they give you the money?

I would go separate personally. The modbook seems overpriced to me and it will probably have very little resale value. Having two computers is good because you always have a backup if one goes wrong. However, if you have a tablet PC, I'd consider an iMac over a Macbook as you will get a better GPU - maybe much better if the WWDC brings good things.

Well, I have to pay for it my self, which is why I was aiming to only have one.

But would Windows recognize the fact that it is a tablet?