PixelMator: A New Image Editor with Breathtaking UI

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
"features powerful selection, painting, retouching, navigation, and color correction tools, and layers-based image editing, GPU-powered image processing, color management, automation, and transparent HUD user interface for work with images."

Pixelmator

Here is also a video of the app in action...

Besides the slick UI and filters, Pixelmator doesn't seem very different at all. it seems to manage the windows even in the same way...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    This is a good start, as an alternative to Photoshop-Lite-on-Core-Image editor concept, but there is a problem here: I cannot see through the vapor...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Pixelmator is based on Open Source code from ImageMagik

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Pretty robust code (featurewise) if I say so. If the Pixelmator team can harness this code and bolt it to the OS X frameworks well they'll have a hit.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    the design of the app is refreshing, but it does lack a few tools that I think are really needed to make it a good alternative to photoshop. For people that don't rely on photoshop and use it for personal use, I think this is a great application. It looks easy enough to just open it up and start playing around. It beats the crap out of MS Paint lol