iPhone discussion/question

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbf13 View Post

I have another question.

I currently have Att/Cingular, Will I have to change up my plan at all, like add 2 more years in order to get the iPhone or will I be able to simply go and buy the iPhone on my current plan?

I would say most likey.. they extend it to two years from purchase.. sometimes
  • Reply 22 of 25
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

I have another question.

I currently have Att/Cingular, Will I have to change up my plan at all, like add 2 more years in order to get the iPhone or will I be able to simply go and buy the iPhone on my current plan?

Ohh Ohh I can answer this one with 100% certainty.... but you'll have to wait till June 29th I'm afraid **or** if you like, I could just throw out some random opinion now.

D
  • Reply 23 of 25
    eric1285eric1285 Posts: 29member
    Quote:

I have another question.

You'll have to sign a *new* 2 year contract. Any way you put it, you'll be locked in to AT&T for another 2 years.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    cloud167cloud167 Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

What about regualr encoded videos such as 3GP? When you say MP4 do you mean H263 encoded? Its a new phone and id be very dissapointed if it didnt support the normal formats that other new phones do. The basics are 3GP, MP4 H263, H264, MP3, AAC, and of course the iphone will support the m4a format.

for me . i think H.264 is the best format for iPhone, but in my xilisoft ,it will take more time than normal mp4~,but the video quality is better than 3gp,and normal mp4..~
  • Reply 25 of 25
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    H264 is a bigger drain on the battery.

About the "official specs" in that new thread. It still doesnt say anything about what res it records video in. Apple left out MMS so might it be possible that they leave out video recording?