Game and MagicISO

becbec
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I downloaded a game that contained three files: ccd, sub, and img

The img file was the biggest by far (almost 700 MB) so I assumed that was the file to tinker with using MagicISO. I've tried all I can think of. I made it into a uif document, then into an iso document and that leads me back to the img. I tried extracting the image but nothing happens.

What am I missing? The ReadMe file simply indicated to mount the image and install. But after mounting I get a little lost.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,333moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bec View Post

I downloaded a game that contained three files: ccd, sub, and img

What game is it first of all and where did you download it from? If your answers include Bittorrent, Limewire etc and the name of a popular game, this isn't the right forum to ask for that. If it's a freeware game then that's different but you'll have to clarify first.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    becbec Posts: 68member
    It was downloaded from a game forum as it's now considered "abandonware" or something as the company no longer sells the product.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,333moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bec View Post

It was downloaded from a game forum as it's now considered "abandonware" or something as the company no longer sells the product.

Ok that's fine.

If you can mount it (using Daemon tools?), you should be able to install it by using a setup.exe file on the image somewhere. You're sure it's a PC game and not a Playstation or other console game?

Also, if you can open it in MagicISO, that should let you burn it to a CD.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    becbec Posts: 68member
    It was too large for MagicISO (I was using the trial) so I switched to Daemon Tools to mount the image and it works just fine now. Thank you!