Got my Mac Pro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was hoping for something new to come out at WWDC but turned out nothing.

But since the new projects are starting end of the month I really can't wait any longer.

Got it today. Pretty much a stock machine (2x2.66GHz, stock video card) except with dual DVD burner. Another 4GB of RAM (to bring up to 5GB total) is coming and hopefully be here either tomorrow or Monday.

It's at my home now and I am still in the middle of installing all the essential applications. And will do some test tomorrow to make sure the machine isn't a lemon.

Then...when everything is ready it will be heading to my office.

And the dual G5 will be on craigslist...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Leonis View Post

I was hoping for something new to come out at WWDC but turned out nothing.

But since the new projects are starting end of the month I really can't wait any longer.

Got it today. Pretty much a stock machine (2x2.66GHz, stock video card) except with dual DVD burner. Another 4GB of RAM (to bring up to 5GB total) is coming and hopefully be here either tomorrow or Monday.

It's at my home now and I am still in the middle of installing all the essential applications. And will do some test tomorrow to make sure the machine isn't a lemon.

Then...when everything is ready it will be heading to my office.

And the dual G5 will be on craigslist...

Congrats! Mine should be here next week. Give a write up if you get a chance and take some pics.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Very nice. I got one of the first models released and am very pleased with it, and it only has half the RAM of yours. I'm certain you will be happy with it. A beautiful machine in every respect.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Popped in the extra RAM and HD and then run a few test

Cinema and AE on this MacPro, compare to my G5, is night and day
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Nice to hear... It is an impressive machine, isn't it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    very happy for you, if i needed more power, or if mac would offer the better graphics cards with it, i would have purchased this instead of my iMac. good for you
  • Reply 6 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I know the video card is the weak part. But due to the project I will have to do some compromise.