World's largest iPhones appear in Apple store windows (photos)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

I imagine it is a Mac Mini inside the iPhone case showing a video onto the display.

More esoteric and fanciful concepts include the Mac Mini running an x86 version of the iPhone's OS X, using resolution independence to scale the display to the resolution of the display used.

They are actually being driven by a Mac Pro that sits behind the backdrop. Not Joking.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NealofThelake View Post

They are actually being driven by a Mac Pro that sits behind the backdrop. Not Joking.

Yep. They are actually Apple 30" Cinema displays rotated 90 degrees.

They seem larger than they are.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    CALL us 'Naive' but we didn't think we'd get banned for spam. Cept we did. It was tragic. We were all up in this joint, spamming things, then we got reported and we were banned. We were trying to shill this lame mp4 converter - does anyone actually buy those things? I mean seriously, we keep coming back and posting links to useless software (usually windows software) or long lists of cellphones... does anyone actually buy any of this crap? I don't think so. Why do we keep coming back?

We're spammers. We're idiots.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    They should have build in a mechanism in the display area to automatically turn the iPhone 90 degrees every few minutes as the image on the phone turned as well. That would have turned heads even more. Yeah, I know the wires would have been a problem, but really it's not that complicated to suspend them behind the phone. They could have had a rod fixed to the back which allowed it to turn and where the wires could run through a hole in the board behind it.

It would have had the added bonus of tidying up the display, as at the moment, those twisted wires and cables running down to the floor don't look too good.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    macsosmacsos Posts: 1member
    I've posted on flickr photos taken at night of the Seattle University Village Apple Store iPhone window display.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9214328@N07/

?Steve

seattlemacsos.com
  • Reply 46 of 48
    I hope they'll be running the 25-minute iPhone guided tour currently available on the iPhone website -- with speakers outside so its audio as well as video will be available for those waiting outside the store, waiting to get into the store Friday night to buy their iPhone. Why do I hope this? So perhaps less time will be needed inside the store per customer to explain to them how to use their iPhone -- and that means the line will move faster.

BTW, I haven't seen any display like this at my local AT&T stores. Anybody seen a display like this at those stores? I'm guessing this is just Apple stores (and maybe not even all Apple stores).

• Reply 47 of 48
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

I see 9:42

It's good to know you also have eyes.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What's with this 9.42 AM business?

Why 9:42? Well, I don't think it is from Mark 9:42...

"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea."

...although maybe that is a warning to potential iPhone hackers.

And I don't think it is because the iPhone's clock is broken, or a new magical app that freezes time.

Most likely it is because 9:42 am is the time Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone at MacWorld:

Quote:

9:41 AM - Apple logo on screen (2007). Jobs: ?every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. Apple has been very fortunate recently??

9:42 AM -

1984 - first mac

2001 first ipod

today - introducing 3 revolutionary products

9:42 AM -

1. Widescreen iPod

2. Mobile phone

3. Internet communicator

9:43 AM - But these three products will not be separate..one device for all three functions.