Newly Converted Future Mac Owner

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2015

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davekarn View Post

For the longest time, I was anti-Apple on EVERYTHING. I hate the Mac OS, I hated iPods, I hated how everyone had a Macbook at school. I swore up and down about everything Microsoft from Vista to Zune (unfortunately). I don't know what happened recently, but it's as if I went through a mental revolution. All of a sudden I want everything Apple. It took some talking down from the wife to prevent me from buying an iMac the other day (which I am now happy about after all the rumors surrounding newly designed iMacs and Leopard coming out). I now want AppleTV, iPod (waiting for 6th gen on that too) and eventually the MBP too.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just excited and know it's going to be hard having to wait until late this fall to officially make the conversion. The Apple community just seems really deep and friendly and I can't wait to be a part of it.

Dave, dave... where are the meds??? Your wife must be a patient woman!

Seriously, welcome to the bright side. I hope you find your Mac experience to be as rewarding as many of us have. Remember there is likely to be a learning curve of sorts, where you are used to doing things the Windows way, and the Mac just doesn't do it the same way. Simple things like pressing control-c, won't copy; it's command (apple)-c. By the way, many keyboard shortcuts are the same, just substitute the command key where you are used to pressing control. There are a number of good sites for switchers. I invite you to check out my iSwitched lens (see sig) for a few good articles for switchers.
  • Reply 2 of 4

• Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

FI don't know what happened recently, but it's as if I went through a mental revolution.

Did you buy glasses recently and can now see what the Zune really looks like.

It's kind if strange how it affects some people because despite the compatibility these days, people tend to go one way or the other with Mac/PC/Windows. I dual boot Windows on the Mac and use some Microsoft hardware so I think they can live peacefully together.

Quote:

The Apple community just seems really deep and friendly and I can't wait to be a part of it.

This forum in particular is friendly. There are others that aren't so welcoming. Apple's official forum for example isn't nearly as good. Hope you enjoy your time here.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kilraqkilraq Posts: 26member
    Welcome to the community.

Where is Melgross? He knows the secret handshake better than I.

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your apple experience once you get all your gear and such. Like jroller said, there will be a learning curve going from PC to mac. After a bit you will start developing a workflow for both OS'es. Though I still bring the cursor down on my windows machine (work *gags*) and wonder where my apps are.

Again, welcome and enjoy your time in the drama and eventful event that is apple.