mms on iphone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Somebody just sent me a picture message, and what it said was...

I sent you a multimedia message. you can view my message via the internet at viewmymessage.com using MSG ID then it gives you an ID and password to log onto some at&t website to see whatever they sent you

all on your iphone. pretty cool solution eh?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hsehse Posts: 4member
    Well, it's better than nothing, but still pretty damn inconvenient. I don't understand. Why did they decide not to include MMS messaging? Why does a $99 cheap-o Motorola send/receive MMS messages, but my $600 iPhone doesn't?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    notoriousnotorious Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HSE View Post

Well, it's better than nothing, but still pretty damn inconvenient. I don't understand. Why did they decide not to include MMS messaging? Why does a $99 cheap-o Motorola send/receive MMS messages, but my $600 iPhone doesn't?

That 99$ cheapo does mms at a cost. Most likely it does gps as well for a cost. Sure it has music downloads as well for 3$ a song. Does anyone who gets upset over these little things realize how much this thing does out of the box and not after you agree to extra charges for each feature you want to use. The iphone is expensive because they arent raping you 9.95 a month to use google maps for directions and 3$ a song and .10c a picture message and 5.95$ to view webpages stocks and weather. Those are all things I will never have to worry about again. I get a phone that does all this for 60$ a month. That's the beauty of this thing and apple you pay an unsubsidized price but you dont pay every month to be able to use your phone to its potential. Basically for 99$ you get a locked down phone for cheap but you rent all those things it does for as long as its activated. That is the beauty of these webapps on the phone. You pay for your minutes and data plan and leave the bs extra charges behind. You get to just use every feature the phone has period.

Written on an iPhone.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sticzsticz Posts: 9member
    You people also have to remember that the iPhone can be upgraded at any time.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sticz View Post

You people also have to remember that the iPhone can be upgraded at any time.

that, or somebody will build an app for it that does mms
  • Reply 5 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HSE View Post

BECAUSE YOUR 99 CHEAP-O-MOT DOES NOT HAVE OS X AND DOES NOT HAVE A SAFARI CALIBER WEB BROWSER!!!!

Sorry to shout but In a finite amount of time with a finite amount of SKILLED developers a only a finite number of features can be SUCCESSFULLY be developed.

You want LOTS of CRAPPLY implemented features you thrown into a box and labeled 'cell phone' buy a MOTOROLA... In fact you don't even have to buy one... every cell phone hut in existence will give you one FREE simply by signing up for a plan... You know why they'll give it to you FREE?!?! CAUSE THATS WHAT ITS WORTH!!

You want something more elegant you buy an iPhone... Nobody is twisting your arm...

You can't have "EVERY FEATURE UNDER THE SUN", "ELEGANT DESIGN" all at the same time things just don't work that way.