Can you buy a CD from the Apple store?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When you buy an album on iTunes, I know it's downloaded to your computer. I was wondering if there is an option to actually have Apple ship you the CD instead?

If this isn't possible, I think it should be as I would prefer the CD to the downloaded music.

Thanks to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

When you buy an album on iTunes, I know it's downloaded to your computer. I was wondering if there is an option to actually have Apple ship you the CD instead?

If this isn't possible, I think it should be as I would prefer the CD to the downloaded music.

Thanks to all who answer.

Dude how do you get to a 1000+ posts on this board and not know the answer to this? No they don't. Sorry. What would be the point? CDs at Walmart/BB cost nearly the same as on iTunes + they have better quality.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    flinch13flinch13 Posts: 228member
    Dave K is absolutely correct. The point of the online music industry is that there is no actual physical product. To distribute CD's would bely the beauty of this business model. Think about it: it's a purely digital market, with no distribution costs, no manufacturing costs, no nothing. 100% profit! Plus, distributing CD's would probably violate Apple's agreement with Apple Records that they would not become a music company, and anyway, they'd have to sell them for more than ten bucks. If you want CD's, go to a real music store, amazon.com, or ebay. If you want a specific song INSTANTLY without having to leave your home or wait, digital downloads are the key. They are very different types of business, and CD distribution is NOT something Apple will ever do.