iLife 07 gone gold, iMac/iLife co-release ahead of leopard

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    No speculations?

iPhoto '07 wish list:

- Significantly faster and consumes less resource when handling large set of photos

- New photo albums and templates

- Additional photo correction tools and filters

- List view

- Additional EXIF tagging and smart album options (and/or refinement filter options)

iMovie '07 wish list:

- Support for AVCHD, DVD

- More themes and effects

- Faster

iDVD '07 wish list:

- Blu-Ray and HD DVD

- More themes

- 5.1-channel Dolby Digital
  • Reply 22 of 33
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by filburt View Post

No speculations?

iPhoto '07 wish list:

- Significantly faster and consumes less resource when handling large set of photos

- New photo albums and templates

- Additional photo correction tools and filters

- List view

- Additional EXIF tagging and smart album options (and/or refinement filter options)

iMovie '07 wish list:

- Support for AVCHD, DVD

- More themes and effects

- Faster

iDVD '07 wish list:

- Blu-Ray and HD DVD

- More themes

- 5.1-channel Dolby Digital

Add finder integration into the wish list for iPhoto.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    an iphoto that was a seamless part of the finder would be very nice
  • Reply 24 of 33
    flinch13flinch13 Posts: 228member
    It would be a serious mistake for Apple not to include the iLife suite with Leopard.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    I would like to see imovie add a second layer of video so that more effects are possible.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    ThinkSecret is reporting that the new iMacs will be out in August. Maybe they will usher in the new iLife suite, but I doubt it.

I'm betting that all the new software (e.g. iLife and iWork) get announced with Leopard. Not included necessarily, but announced at the same time.

So it's down to October. Bobbing for Apples on Halloween anyone???
  • Reply 27 of 33
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by flinch13 View Post

It would be a serious mistake for Apple not to include the iLife suite with Leopard.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

Actually, the exact quote was that with Leopard, "we're delivering the complete package."

But the idea is the same.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think iLife will be included with Leopard, and I'm not basing my opinion on what Steve Jobs or anybody else said. For those who believe iLife will be in Leopard, tell us your business rational for doing so.

Briefly, Apple makes money on iLife. I buy the latest Mac OS, and then I buy a new iLife when it comes out too. List price is: OS X is $129 and iLife $79, so list price for both nets $208 for Apple. (Others like Amazon sells at a little discount.)

Now it's your turn. How much will Apple list Leopard for if it includes iLife?

• Reply 28 of 33
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think iLife will be included with Leopard, and I'm not basing my opinion on what Steve Jobs or anybody else said. For those who believe iLife will be in Leopard, tell us your business rational for doing so.

Briefly, Apple makes money on iLife. I buy the latest Mac OS, and then I buy a new iLife when it comes out too. List price is: OS X is $129 and iLife $79, so list price for both nets $208 for Apple. (Others like Amazon sells at a little discount.)

Now it's your turn. How much will Apple list Leopard for if it includes iLife?

I would like to see a bundled discount for getting both, say $129 for Leopard, $79 for iLife, Leopard iLife bundle $180.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I would like to see a bundled discount for getting both, say $129 for Leopard, $79 for iLife, Leopard iLife bundle $180.

Don't you mean $179
  • Reply 30 of 33
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Not necessarily. iLife may have some Leopard features, but it has to be able to work with Tiger at the very least.

Agreed. Any New software will be compatable with atleast the latest release of Tiger.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

With Leopard already announced and demoed in its final form, why not release it a new iLife now. Apple does want to sell computers in the next three months, don't they?

Of course they do but I dont think Apple sells its computer based on the fact that iLife is packaged on the machine when they get it. I would doubt Apple's sales would fall if they stopped loading it on new machines and had everyone buy it seperately.

Also as commented on by some people concerning the features coming out in Leopard and new features to come in iLife, iWork ect. with the backwards compatibility to Tiger BenRoethig as quoted above says it right. Tiger is the OS of now. Apple is not going to ask all Apple users to drop 150$ (thats me guess on the price of the OS) to have a new OS that has exclusive features in iLife, iWork ect. There maybe a few things that will be optimized by Leopard but not exclusive to it.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

No. The exact quote was "Everything is included" and it was implied that iLife was going to be a part of it, but there was explicitly no mention of iWork being part of that, and there was some back-channel hints that it was explicitly excluded from that.

But we were talking abiut iLife not iWork. I don't recall iWork being a part of iLife. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

But you would probably buy it anyway...
  • Reply 33 of 33
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    Quote:

I'd like iLife to remain seperate from the OS. I want them to keep improving it at a steady pace and the money they get from iLife sales is a big incentive to keep improving it. If it becomes a free part of the OS it will only see minor improvements in each major OS update.