Problem with Adobe CS3-App has been moved, some settings need to be repaired

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently installed Adobe CS3 on my system. It spread all the various apps all over my Applications folder. I made a new folder, Adobe CS3, and moved all of the apps into that. Ever since I did whenever I open a app such as Photoshop it says

"Application has been moved from location in which it was nistalled. Some settings need to be repaired"

I can cancel and most of the time it seems to still load okay but most of the time I choose to repair it. It asks then for my password and does a repair and opens the application and it works fine.

What puzzles me is the next time I open an application it does the same thing. It works so it's not a big deal but I know I can fix it by moving the applications back to the original install locations but it's just sloppy that way and I just hate dealing with the prompt to repair every time. Is there a way around this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Make sure that all of the apps are in their own respective folders. These folders also need to contain all of the "Plug-Ins", "Fonts", "Helpers", "Presets", etc folders for that particular app.

If that still doesn't work you could try to put them all back into /Applications and then use aliases for where you want access to them.