Terminal Services/Citrix Equivilents on OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I would love to know what options exist to achieve Citrix/RDP functionality on the OS X Platform. Microsoft Terminal services & Citrix allow you to 'spawn' many desktops from a single server so that clients can run applications remotely and simultaneously (as in 1 server providing multiple desktops). So far, I've found a small company called 'aqua connect' which is in the process of launching a solution, but they're impossible to get in touch with and somewhat unproven. Are there any other solutions setup to stream OS X desktops to a variety of clients (thinclients, pc's, etc)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I don't think so. I've tried to find info on this for years and nothing new ever arises. There is a citrix client for the Mac but no server.

The closest I have seen is the netboot idea:

http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/n...rkinstall.html

where you can remotely boot multiple Macs from a single OS image. It's not really the same though. This is another reason why Macs don't fit in well in hospitals because they use thin client software as well as tablets, which Apple also currently don't make.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    There is a hack where you enable fast user switching and VNC, then log in a bunch of users, then the users can all connect simultaneously with VNC. I doubt Apple will ever allow official OS X thin clients.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    check out aquaconnect for os x terminal services