vga port

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
While I was upgrading my imac g3's hardrive I noticed that my imac g3 had a vga port, so I hooked it up to my 17inch screen and it looks way better than the imac g3's built in screen. My question is, is it safe to use that vga port instead of the imac g3's screen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macuserseth View Post

While I was upgrading my imac g3's hardrive I noticed that my imac g3 had a vga port, so I hooked it up to my 17inch screen and it looks way better than the imac g3's built in screen. My question is, is it safe to use that vga port instead of the imac g3's screen.

Safe? That's what it's there for. It won't blow up or anything, and I do not know of anything that could go wrong by using an external monitor (that's what most older non-all-in-ones(PCs) use: vga to a monitor)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Safe? That's what it's there for. It won't blow up or anything, and I do not know of anything that could go wrong by using an external monitor (that's what most older non-all-in-ones(PCs) use: vga to a monitor)

the only reason I asked if it was safe is because you have to take off the plastic latch on the back of the imac g3, is it safe to leave that peace of plastic off?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macuserseth View Post

the only reason I asked if it was safe is because you have to take off the plastic latch on the back of the imac g3, is it safe to leave that peace of plastic off?

Yeah, I'm sorry if I came off a little condescending, but that plastic latch does pretty much nothing for the functionality of the computer (except maybe keeps some dust off of it).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thanks for the help