Leaked specifications for NEW iMacs

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
According to the Swedish MacWorld have they recieved the new specifications of the new iMac and the Mac mini

IMAC 20/2.4/1GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-SWE MA877S/A

20 tum

2,4 Ghz (2,16 GHz)

1 GB minne (1 GB)

320 GB hårddisk (250 GB)

Pris: Cirka 1000 kronor mindre än idag.

IMAC 24/2.4/1GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-SWE MA878S/A

24 tum

2,4 Ghz (2,16 GHz)

1 GB minne (1 GB)

320 GB hårddisk (250 GB)

Pris: Cirka 1000 kronor mindre än idag.

MMINI 2.0C2D/120/SD-SWE MB139S/A

2.0 GhZ (1,66 resp. 1,83 GHz)

Core2duo

120 GB

Pris: 6500-7000 kronor (6000-8000 kr)

17-tums-iMacen verkar försvinna helt ur sortimentet.

The figures within the brackets is the current specifications before upgrading.

The last comment says that it seems like the 17" will be removed from the list.

It seems the price for the iMacs will be cut with $100, and $50-100 for the Mac mini.

Link:http://macworld.idg.se/2.1038/1.115587

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    Hmm...
  • Reply 2 of 36
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Humm indeed. Not much of a spec bump. If those specs are true, the design would have to be something very special for this to be anything but another letdown.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    Fake!! There is no way Apple would sell a 24 inch iMac designed for video and picture editing with only 1GB memory.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by homeboy87 View Post

Fake!! There is no way Apple would sell a 24 inch iMac designed for video and picture editing with only 1GB memory.

What are you talking about, the current iMacs are all sold with 1GB of memory.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Humm indeed. Not much of a spec bump. If those specs are true, the design would have to be something very special for this to be anything but another letdown.

It's as large a speed bump as is available to an all in one like the iMac.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

What about the graphics card?

Sebastian

Doesn't say, but Geforce 8 or Radeon x2000-series graphics are a given.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Null.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

What are you talking about, the current iMacs are all sold with 1GB of memory.

1GB was top great during the time the current iMacs were launched but today all respectable computers come with at least 2GB.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    Nothing is meantioned about the GPU. I personally hope for a nVida 8600 something as an upgrade alternative.

The cpu upgrade is within the expected frames. A 20% speedbump.

Apple have always been in the lower section regarding OEM-Ram. The current iMacs can hold up to 3GB. I hope the new model can hold up to 4GB, but nothing is said about alternatives.

I assume this is from a Mac store that has got their hands on the standard configurations. Nothing is meantioned about what upgrade alternatives that will exist.

We will see within a few hours.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by homeboy87 View Post

1GB was top great during the time the current iMacs were launched but today all respectable computers come with at least 2GB.

Well, yes. But:
    • This is a consumer machine

• Apple have a long and depressing history of stinting on RAM

• In UK English you can say 'Apple have' and it's gramatically correct, so don't bite my tits, OK?

• Reply 12 of 36
    imac 20"/24" 2.4GHz and CTO 2.8GHz

new look

new mouse and keyboard

new remote control

ATI Radeon 2400XT, ATI Radeon 2600XT and Nvidia 8600 (G84)

Mac Mini 2GHz (C2D)/120GB

new remote control
  • Reply 13 of 36
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    As we all know, the Swedes have been a bountiful source of Apple rumors over the past decades.... given that with the fact that the two iMac models listed both have the same price.... I have no choice but to believe em....

D
  • Reply 14 of 36
    Null.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blindeyex View Post

imac 20"/24" 2.4GHz and CTO 2.8GHz

You realize that Apple can't pull clock speeds out of their ass, right? Intel has yet to make a Core 2 Duo at 2.8GHz.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Well, yes. But:
    • This is a consumer machine

• Apple have a long and depressing history of stinting on RAM

• In UK English you can say 'Apple have' and it's gramatically correct, so don't bite my tits, OK?

Well all the other computers are also consumer machines and they do come with 2GB. Further more Apple and EA are buddies now days and we will see many kick ass Mac Games from EA in the near future. With that being said Apple will need to makes sure that the specs of their computers are satisfying for medium gamers.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    imac 20" 2.?GHz 320GB 1GB Ati Radeon 2400XT $1399

imac 24" 2.4GHz 320GB 1GB Ati Radeon 2600XT $1899

imac 24" 2.8GHz ??? ??? ??? $????

Nvidia 8600 $???

Mac Mini 2GHz 120GB 1GB ??? $599
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

You realize that Apple can't pull clock speeds out of their ass, right? Intel has yet to make a Core 2 Duo at 2.8GHz.

Today we get 2.8GHz C2D
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

As we all know, the Swedes have been a bountiful source of Apple rumors over the past decades.... given that with the fact that the two iMac models listed both have the same price.... I have no choice but to believe em....

D

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Haha... I didn't even look at the price because it was in Swedish. Either way, the specs are likely anyways just because there isn't much to guess at.

Sebastian

I don't speak Sweedish, but it is quite apparent that the price is not stated as 1000 kronor, but 1000 kronor less than something (the current price point one would presume).
  • Reply 20 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

It's as large a speed bump as is available to an all in one like the iMac.

Not really. I would expect them to have the C2D 2.6GHz in the 24"er and possibly a choice of either the 2.6GHz or the 2.4GHz in the 20" model.

Just a bump up to the next processor speed in the list certainly isn't a large speed bump in my opinion. If this is going to be a new design, it needs to wow us. 2GB RAM, nVidia 8600GT etc. I'm not in the market for an iMac, I'm in the MacPro demographic, but I do think it's time Apple took the iMac up a notch to appeal to entry level Pro users. Either that of provide them with the mini tower they have been asking for.