Parellels Question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i just installed parallels on my macbook, it fires up okay but when i go to click on internet explorer a message comes up on my screen asking which program i would like to open it with.. was there something wrong with my installation or is there some way to get my explorer to work? thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmm....

Is the "explorer" on your Macintosh HD, or on the virtual drive created for Parallels?

Is the "Which program" message generated my OSX or by Windows ? (XP or Vista?)

Unfortunately, we'll need a little more info to help you out.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    the internet explorer is on my virtual HD for windows XP on parallels. the "open with" feature lists all mac programs and only 3 windows programs (paint, notepad, and fax and picture viewer).. not sure if this is what your looking for but thanks anyway
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    That is weird. Ever since the 3.0 upgrade Parallels has lost it's mo-jo for me. The whole open with crap you deal with sucks amoung other things. I am converting over to VMWare fusion and it is working like a champ. Migrating three Mac's this week showed how Parallels does not like to migrate from Mac to Mac without a reinstall where Fusion just worked.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hmmm.... I'm using Parallels v2 .... aplnub makes it sound like your problem has something to do with a "feature" of 3.0 .... I guess I can't be of much help.