Fourth quarter Apple Mac and iPhone sales ahead of expectations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

You're not much of a business person, or very professional. My company did several million in business a year. That's why we were a commercial lab, not a " Girls Only Want To have Fun" lab.

I'm sorry you have to work so hard for your money. Absolutely no worries here at the beach. By the way, how is New York this time of year? Or any time of year for that matter?
  • Reply 22 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm sorry you have to work so hard for your money. Absolutely no worries here at the beach. By the way, how is New York this time of year? Or any time of year for that matter?

I retired three years ago at 54 when we sold the company. I love New York, can't stand the beach, way too boring. I prefer having excellent season's seats to the Metropolitan opera.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

I retired three years ago at 54 when we sold the company. I love New York, can't stand the beach, way too boring. I prefer having excellent season's seats to the Metropolitan opera.

Rock on!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    marc gmarc g Posts: 65member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacSuperiority View Post

Uh... To save 140 bucks. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone can just waste this kind of money.

For me, the release of leopard is a non issue since I would have to get a family pack anyway due to having 3 Macs (4 at the moment) in my house. I got my new iMac now so that I would have it all set up and properly configured before school starts.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    marc gmarc g Posts: 65member
    Quote:

Always nice to find a fellow opera buff. My only regret about being in Boston is that getting to the Met is difficult to do more than once a year.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marc G View Post

Always nice to find a fellow opera buff. My only regret about being in Boston is that getting to the Met is difficult to do more than once a year.

I've had seasons tickets for 28 years now. My wife says that even if we stopped going, the seats are too good to give up.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

To put it simply, it's cheaper to get it for free. Even if I wanted to run 10.4, I already have install disks for it around so I could just put it on. Or even wait for 10.5.1 to buy a new machine..

Careful with that thinking, or at least don't mislead others who might misunderstand.

If you bought a retail copy of 10.4, those install disks will work fine on many different machines. But if you have install discs for 10.4 because they came with the iMac or MacBook you bought last year, don't count on it. Many install discs will only install on certain versions or certain classes of machines. Unfortunately, I know this from experience.