Quake III for OSX

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have Quake III for OS9 but would love to play it in OSX. Is this possible? Do I need a patch? What's the performance like compared to OS9? Any other usefuls tips, how-tos, advice etc greatly appreciated!

G4 933Mhz 768MB RAM GeForce4 MX

Mac OS X 10.1.5

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    first get your q3 arena up to latest version then goto fileplanet or downloadplanet and download the 1.31 thing witch has os x written by it, so really its just an update.

btw, about diferrences in porformance, there is none and i use the original imac, so you should be fine.

enjoy the fragging!!!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    arbernautarbernaut Posts: 182member
    Thanks for your help!

How do I get my Q3A up to the latest version? Do I try and install it in the OSX partition or should I use my OS9 version?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by little mouse:

<strong>first get your q3 arena up to latest version then goto fileplanet or downloadplanet and download the 1.31 thing witch has os x written by it, so really its just an update.

btw, about diferrences in porformance, there is none and i use the original imac, so you should be fine.

enjoy the fragging!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can't be using an "original imac" and that game under OS X.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    [quote]Originally posted by Arbernaut:

<strong>Thanks for your help!

How do I get my Q3A up to the latest version? Do I try and install it in the OSX partition or should I use my OS9 version?</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum21/HTML/001274.html"; target="_blank">FAQ from Quake3 World.com's Macintosh Discussions Forum.</a>

Speed will normally be higher than in OS 9