Quick questions

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I am considering buying an iPhone when it comes to the UK later on this year, but wondering about it's integration with my Macbook - and in general.

1. Can I quite easily use it to sync contacts between the phone and the address book?

2. What is it like to use? Do any of you guys feel like going back to a normal phone after experiencing the touch screen interface of the iPhone?

3. Has your iPhone managed to replace your iPod completely? I have been an advocate of having a separate phone to digital audio player purely because the separate functions suffer as part of an all in one device... but this is Apple we're talking about. If I don't need the extra space (which I don't) I can assume I'll not have to buy an additional iPod? (Unless a shuffle for at the gym)

Comparing the iPhone to the iPod touch has surprisingly put me in favour of the phone (which I never thought would happen). iPhone seemed like overkill, but the funnily enough the iPod touch is slightly lacking for my needs. Let's see what happens in London though...

Thanks for the clarification,

Michael

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    1. All you have to do is plug the phone in to the computer ... it syncs. (It syncs EVERYthing... multiple email adresses, phone numbers, comments ... even the "groups" you may have used to organize your mac Address Book show up as such in the iPhone.)

2. Easy .. I like the iPhone WAY better than my RAZR.... that's certainly a matter of personal taste though (some people don't have any )

3. Yes... I havn't touched my iPod mini since getting the iPhone. (...now, if you like to carry 30 days worth of music and several dozen videos, then you'll still need a "classic" iPod.)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael528 View Post

Hey guys,

I am considering buying an iPhone when it comes to the UK later on this year, but wondering about it's integration with my Macbook - and in general.

1. Can I quite easily use it to sync contacts between the phone and the address book?

2. What is it like to use? Do any of you guys feel like going back to a normal phone after experiencing the touch screen interface of the iPhone?

3. Has your iPhone managed to replace your iPod completely? I have been an advocate of having a separate phone to digital audio player purely because the separate functions suffer as part of an all in one device... but this is Apple we're talking about. If I don't need the extra space (which I don't) I can assume I'll not have to buy an additional iPod? (Unless a shuffle for at the gym)

Comparing the iPhone to the iPod touch has surprisingly put me in favour of the phone (which I never thought would happen). iPhone seemed like overkill, but the funnily enough the iPod touch is slightly lacking for my needs. Let's see what happens in London though...

Thanks for the clarification,

Michael

1. It syncs easily and flawlessly to my mac. My partner had difficulty syncing to Outlook on windows, ultimatley we got it to work.

2. Had a RAZR prior to my iPhone, would never go back to a traditional phone.

3. The only time I use my nano is when I'm doing yardwork or washing the car. The iPhone is a little big and heavy to be in a pocket during such tasks.

I love it and would reccomend it highly.