albums empty after iphoto 6 upgrade

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have been using iphoto 5 because it still had the "homepage" button, i still use homepage

I upgraded one of my MB c2d with iphoto 6 and the album titles show up but they are empty. the photos are still in my library but not in the albums created since 2003. before i manually do this tedious job, is there some setting or was the upgrade incomplete?

any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

I have been using iphoto 5 because it still had the "homepage" button, i still use homepage

I upgraded one of my MB c2d with iphoto 6 and the album titles show up but they are empty. the photos are still in my library but not in the albums created since 2003. before i manually do this tedious job, is there some setting or was the upgrade incomplete?

any help will be appreciated

Sounds to me like the upgrade was incomplete. How many albums do you have? This might be an opportune time to change to keyword organization (opposed to folders/albums)... just trying to swing a negative to a positive :-)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    it affects all albums since 2003 perhaps 15 also my slide show for last christmas. as far as incomplete, what do you mean, i did it under "software update" could it have created some other library or registry? it's weird that the album names remain, but no pictures. thanks for the response.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The previous update to iPhoto (not this most recent one) totally boffed my iPhoto library. It was a complete mess. I only last week finally got things straight again.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    how???

i should always check here first before upgrades.