My Razor Pro drivers are not working in OS X 10.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
installed leopard as an upgrade from 10.4. My razor pro mouse driver doesn't seem to be working. This is a problem for a few reasons:

A) As it's a 1600 DPI mouse, it is way too touchy with the built-in mouse control settings on OSX. I had it set up perfectly in 10.4.

B) The mouse wheel, right click, and side buttons do not function.

I tried downloading USB Overdrive (which is 10.5 compatible) and it didn't seem to recognize the mouse. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cd3838 View Post

installed leopard as an upgrade from 10.4. My razor pro mouse driver doesn't seem to be working. This is a problem for a few reasons:

A) As it's a 1600 DPI mouse, it is way too touchy with the built-in mouse control settings on OSX. I had it set up perfectly in 10.4.

B) The mouse wheel, right click, and side buttons do not function.

I tried downloading USB Overdrive (which is 10.5 compatible) and it didn't seem to recognize the mouse. Any other suggestions?

I have the same mouse, I had tons of problems with the drivers on with my old computer. When I upgraded to my Mac Pro I decided to use it without the drivers and it has been working perfectly. (Even after the upgrade to Leopard.)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

I have the same mouse, I had tons of problems with the drivers on with my old computer. When I upgraded to my Mac Pro I decided to use it without the drivers and it has been working perfectly. (Even after the upgrade to Leopard.)

really? I can't even get the right click to work, and never had any problems at all in 10.4.. weird.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I had a Copperhead (2000dpi) for a while, it didn't feel particularly problematic to use without drivers. I had mouse speed set at about 60%. I really wanted a way to disable acceleration though.

Razer should get off its ass and provide a Mac driver for their full mouse line. I have a hard time believing the mouse driver has a lot of bits unique to a specific mouse model within the same brand.

That said, Apple should already provide acceleration control and proper mouse keybinding.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

I had a Copperhead (2000dpi) for a while, it didn't feel particularly problematic to use without drivers. I had mouse speed set at about 60%. I really wanted a way to disable acceleration though.

Razer should get off its ass and provide a Mac driver for their full mouse line. I have a hard time believing the mouse driver has a lot of bits unique to a specific mouse model within the same brand.

That said, Apple should already provide acceleration control and proper mouse keybinding.

I agree. I'm not a fan of acceleration myself, either, and I don't understand why apple won't provide control over it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

OK, installed steermouse and it seems to work. I have control over my buttons, and I fixed the cursor mover SOMEWHAT. still not as good as control as I had over it with the razor drivers, but it should hold me over. thanks for the suggestions guys.