Core Animation??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
IS core animation an actual application in leopard, or just a nw kind of animation apple used? From apples web site is seems like an application, but can someone hep??I ooked for it inthe finder, but i cant find it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macgeek33 View Post

IS core animation an actual application in leopard, or just a nw kind of animation apple used? From apples web site is seems like an application, but can someone hep??I ooked for it inthe finder, but i cant find it.

CoreAnimation is an API that developers can use to easily create animated user interface elements.

Early examples of CoreAnimation can be seen in Time Machine's interface which is entirely created using CoreAnimation, parts of iCal (the inline event editor), Stacks in the Dock, and some subtle effects in Preview when background removal tools (by color or by shape) are used.

Heavy use of CoreAnimation is rumored to be used in the upcoming 'Delicious Library 2.0'.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    THANKS!!-I didn't think it was an app!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    also, when looking for developer utilities, try installing the developer tools that come with leopard. These will not install with the default instillation. They take up a fair amount of space but if you are interested in development, it is something you should try.