Two Little Things I Hoped Would be in Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Overall I am happy with the new OS, but there are two things I hoped would be changed in Leopard that weren't:
  1. Allow us to burn multi-session DVDs...please. Windows can do it, why can't we?

2. Why, why, why can't we set a reminder/alarm for birthdays that are imported from Address Book? How hard could it be?

Ah well, maybe in a point release???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Grab Burn or LiquidCD... I believe both support multi-session DVDs, and both are a hell of a lot more intuitive than Apple's method of burning DVDs.

There's an iCal widget that will remind you of upcoming events.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Custom colored Label colors. I want more colors on my labels (and not as bright/saturated) !
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

Grab Burn or LiquidCD... I believe both support multi-session DVDs, and both are a hell of a lot more intuitive than Apple's method of burning DVDs.

There's an iCal widget that will remind you of upcoming events.

I haven't had the chance to check out the widget yet, but neither of the programs you listed will do multi-session DVD burning. Both, in fact, explicitly state that they do not support it because it is not a part of OSX.

And Leopard, as far as I can tell, didn't change that.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I was hoping for an option for a prompt to enter Spotlight metadata when saving a file.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I was hoping they'd finally add the ability to upload to an FTP site mounted on the desktop. It can't be that hard.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

I was hoping for an option for a prompt to enter Spotlight metadata when saving a file.

Actually, yes, I was looking for that too...I guess TagBot remains the only way to do this. At least in a week or so when they update for Leopard.