it?s better to eat whole day long

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi friend, many f my friends, think it?s better to eat whole day long. And this is healthier then 3 times meal. But I am not agreeing with it. I think when you eat all day long then you are increasing the food absorption rate in stomach. And in longer term you can increase extra weight for that. Do you think I am wrong?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Mr. Serling, paging Mr. Serling....
  • Reply 2 of 2
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dinadilo1 View Post

Hi friend, many f my friends, think it?s better to eat whole day long. And this is healthier then 3 times meal. But I am not agreeing with it. I think when you eat all day long then you are increasing the food absorption rate in stomach. And in longer term you can increase extra weight for that. Do you think I am wrong?

My understanding (quite possibly entirely wrong) is that smaller amounts of food more frequently has two benefits: it keeps your metabolism turing over at a higher rate, and it levels out your blood sugar so as to avoid the kind of cravings that can lead to binging.

So that it's all well and good to hold off eating till dinner, but if you've grown very hungry in the interim, you're more likely to pig out, then crash-- which is not optimal for health.

Eating small amounts frequently can mean you actually eat less than if you wait till you're ravenous and sit down to the next meal, and not ever feeling especially "hungry" means you're more likely to make considered choices about what you do eat.