Best Cell Phones that Work with Mac??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

As far as gifts this year I need to find a new cell for my wife. I need one that plays nice with Mac as far as Contacts, uploading/dl images, etc. No need for getting email or getting online at all. Stylish maybe and not have such a plastic, clunky feel, if that's possible at a low cost. I have a Treo that I love, but she feels is a bit thick an awkward to use, so I need to get her something more simple. The iPhone isn't yet offered by Verizon, so that's out and I'd like to keep my cost down or at that price that's all she's getting.

In short, any suggestions on a Mac friendly cell phone at a low cost?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Switch to AT&T... iPhone!

no.... a RAZR will sync with the Mac Address Book via Bluetooth... I had one before my iPhone and it worked fine, though i wasn't too pleased with the interface on the RAZR... but it sure beat trying to enter several hundred contacts by hand!

You can also transfer images taken with the phone camera to the Mac (over Bluetooth) and upload your own ringtones to the phone if you like that kind of stuff.

I'd offer to sell you mine REALLY cheap, but it's a GSM and won't work on Verizon ...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

no.... a RAZR will sync with the Mac Address Book via Bluetooth... I had one before my iPhone and it worked fine, though i wasn't too pleased with the interface on the RAZR... but it sure beat trying to enter several hundred contacts by hand!

You can also transfer images taken with the phone camera to the Mac (over Bluetooth) and upload your own ringtones to the phone if you like that kind of stuff.

I'd offer to sell you mine REALLY cheap, but it's a GSM and won't work on Verizon ...

Thanks that helps quite a bit. If Apple had only left the door open I'd get an iPhone in a heartbeat. AT&T does not work where I live, so I'm stuck with Verizon and my Treo. The RAZR just might work for my wife though.

Tony
  • Reply 3 of 5
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

The jpeg images I take with my RAZR (Verizon) cellphone will transfer, via a usb cable, to my Mac and I can see the images. However, when I take my jpeg images from my Mac and transfer them to my cellphone they will not display. Just a marked out ""X image. Any ideas?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I have the Samsung UpStage with Sprint and it works great on OS 10.4. It doesn't work at all with the Lep. Just another reason for me why the Lep is the worst OS update in years.