Leopard: Not really working TAB switching.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Aloha Forum Readers,

On everyday basis I use to work a lot by keyboard. Not trackpad, not mouse, but yes... keyboard. Small things, changes, but they might make your life a bit annoying.

1. Typing in Leopard is kind of slow. If you write something, then want to delete it, the DELETE button does not work immediately, but kind of slow deletes letter by letter. Not very slow, but comparing to what we had in Tiger it is slow

2. The most important issue. Open TextEdit, type some "rubbish" try to close it (CMD+W), the command will appear whether you want to Save it, Cancel operation, or Don't Save It. Back than I used to switch the button picks by pressing TAB. Now, in Leopard, I press Tab and it is not working. I need to use Trackpad to point on the button and then click it.

Weird solutions. Anyone else experiencing the same trouble, maybe some solutions?

Thanks,

K

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paka View Post

2. The most important issue. Open TextEdit, type some "rubbish" try to close it (CMD+W), the command will appear whether you want to Save it, Cancel operation, or Don't Save It. Back than I used to switch the button picks by pressing TAB. Now, in Leopard, I press Tab and it is not working. I need to use Trackpad to point on the button and then click it.

Hmm? This doesn't work for me (in Tiger). Command-D works for Don't Save, and Command-. works for cancel. But not tab.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Sounds like you need to turn on full keyboard access in the System Prefs under Keyboard & Mouse. This allows you to tab between UI elements.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Thanks guys a lot, always new tip

I'm mac convertible since 1.5 year at work and generally if you set up something once you never come back to it, IT JUST WORKS That's the beauty of Mac

Full keyboard access is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

I also appreciate CMD+D/. shortcuts.

Have a great day guys.

K
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paka View Post

I'm mac convertible

That's funny. I'm a Mac T-Top myself. :P