Briefly: iTunes rentals; $100 off Office 2008; BlackBerry iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste View Post

So, has it definitely been confirmed that online purchases, such as from Amazon -- made on 11/23, but not received until a week later -- still qualify for this offer?

Microsoft's language on the PDF makes me nervous. Although they do not discount online purchases directly, the wording seems to assume a brick-and-mortar purchase.

Has anyone called the 800 number and asked?

Being a natural skeptic I called and asked. I was also skeptical because I couldn't find the offer on any Microsoft website. I was told that it is legit and that I could purchase via Amazon or other online vendors. I asked why it wasn't on the Microsoft site. I was then put on hold while they tried to find it. Five minutes later they said they would e-mail me a copy of the offer within 48 hours. At that point I knew it must be real and I silently chuckled thinking 48 hours from now the deal will be expired. For $32 bucks its worth getting Office 2008 just show I can show my MS friends that the Mac truly is superior and can run the programs they've been indoctrinated to run. If you go to Amazon, they now have the rebate there as well.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    steste Posts: 119member
    Thanks for the feedback, dfoltz.

I have been following this story on M$'s Mac Mojo blog, and the guy finally answered the question regarding online purchases yesterday lunchtime. (See comments.)

My order with Amazon was placed at just-gone midnight, PST.

Office 2008 for $32? Love 'em or loathe 'em, it's an amazing deal.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    I called the 800 number and the woman I spoke to said the BFD rebate is valid from Amazon.com. To send in the e-mail confirmation dated today from Amazon.com as the receipt.

Ed

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste View Post

So, has it definitely been confirmed that online purchases, such as from Amazon -- made on 11/23, but not received until a week later -- still qualify for this offer?

Microsoft's language on the PDF makes me nervous. Although they do not discount online purchases directly, the wording seems to assume a brick-and-mortar purchase.

Has anyone called the 800 number and asked?

• Reply 44 of 46
    I ordered another Mac 2004 Office Teacher and Student edition (which I already have a paid for copy--I've had for about a year now--my employer paid for that one) from Amazon.com this morning for $124.99. I also applied for the Amazon Visa card and got a $30 credit on the card. So my total cost for the Microsoft® Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition (FWA-00013) should be as follows:

$124.99 Mac 2004 Office (no tax and free shipping)

-$30.00 Amazon Visa Card credit

-------

$ 94.99 subtotal

-$100 Microsoft BFD mail in rebate

--------

$5.01 (positive bal. for me of $5.01)

-$6.99 (Shipping and Handling for free Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition

-------

$1.98 subtotal

.84 (total for stamps for BFD and SuperSuite Deal forms 2X.42Cent = .84 cents)

---------

$2.82 total cost for Office 2008 (plus costs of envelopes and printing ink for rebate forms)
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn View Post

Office rebate only available in the U.S.

That sucks!

Ah, for the n-th time......

Perhaps you should consider moving!
  • Reply 46 of 46
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post

Get over your smugness.

You mean realness!

You're the one grovelling for Microsoft whatever!