Who loves a spastic computer? NOT ME!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So anyway, my friend is having problems with her MacBook Pro. Specifically her wireless connection. While the computer is trying to find or connect to a network her mouse becomes unresponsive at times and then super sensitive at others. Basically the mouse doesn't move properly while AirPort is turned on. I thought that this was a software problem at first and recommended that she install the keyboard update that was released about two or three months ago and that solved the problem for a few days. She recently installed Leopard but the problem insists so I think it may be hardware related. However, AirPort works fine about half of the time. I don't know what else to tell besides that she needs to talk to Apple about it. Since finals are coming up sending it away isn't an option for the next two weeks. Has anyone else experienced this problem that can recommend a course of action?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Tell her to try placing her entire palm or heel of her palm on the trackpad. Basically, if you can cover as much of it as possible, it will reset the trackpad.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Tell her to try placing her entire palm or heel of her palm on the trackpad. Basically, if you can cover as much of it as possible, it will reset the trackpad.

i have the same problem. it happened once i installd a driver for a logitec mouse. this happened in tiger. i did a clean install of leopard and i still have the problem. crazy.