Newton2 Size: 5.5-7" Vs. ~10"

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I truly think this device is going to run Leopard. And I desperately hope it comes out in 2008.

Better: 5-inch or so with full Mac OS X.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zunx View Post

Better: 5-inch or so with full Mac OS X.

Disagreed. It's too close to the iPhone. Why buy 5", when you can only pocket 3-4. No, I think 10 or 11 would be a way better choice.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Disagreed. It's too close to the iPhone. Why buy 5", when you can only pocket 3-4. No, I think 10 or 11 would be a way better choice.

That all depends on how big your pockets are.

Really there are good reasons for each and every size discussed. For example I believe very honestly that Apple could add 1/2" of width to the current iPhone and still keep it pocketable. Go 16:9 or 10 format and keep about the same pixel density and you will have a lot of info in the pocket or your hand. This I would jump on.

Go up a size or two you then have a extremely portable device with and enhanced screen and more room for electronics. You trade portability for more functionality and hopefully lower costs. For work I can not stress how useful this size could be. for personal use the big advantage is you are not lugging much more weight around than would be found in a iPhone but get a far better screen. For on the go usage this is idea. If the said product comes with Cell and maybe WiMax it would be very hot. It should be noted tow that the larger device offers up more room for a battery. Since the device would use the same class hardware as the iPhone it would end up with a long run time. What people should realize though is that this is not a laptop replacement, it is a totally different class of computing hardware.

A full size tablet has its place also but I simply don't have a need.

Dave