APPLE BROWSER/ ICHAT

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
got this from macnn

"After further examination of multiple development builds of iChat intended to test different features for future releases, we are very impressed and believe that iChat will soon be one of the most important iApps -- second only to Apple's own Web browser, based on Chimera, which will premiere next year".

can't wait for an apple optimized apple branded browser as a substitute for IE and Netscape ( i hear after a bit netscape will bite the dust and become AOL browser)

so when can we expect this and will it really be a replacement for IE?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    *yawn*

Uh, where did you get this from MacNN? It is nowhere on the front page. If you got that from the forums, I hope you take it with a huge grain of salt.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    I think he got it from macosrumors (it's currently on their front page). so...I guess we know what to do with that info
  • Reply 3 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Can anybody point me to a single Apple product - hardware or software - that is nothing else than rebranding (except that Performas were basically rebrandings of other Macs)?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Chucker, your post's wording has me a little confused. You want the names of things that Apple simply renamed and maybe fluffed up a bit? Let's see...

AppleWorks (ClarisWorks), Final Cut Pro (some beta Macromedia product), the inkjet Apple StyleWriters (Canon printers, IIRC), iTunes (SoundJam MP), Mail.app and several other OSX apps (NeXT apps), WebObjects (also NeXT), Shake (Nothing Real's Shake)

There are probably others that I can't think of now. What's your point, though? That Apple has a history of simply buying and rebranding products? I don't think anyone can deny that.

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    But they usually do a hell of a job of that, They dont by the product they buy the people that make the product. Microsoft buys products gets them and has no idea what the hell to do with them.