can i install OSX on my pc?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i was wondering can i load OSX on my pc as a second OS? kind of like bootcamp for a mac but the other way around.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Sure, not legally or effortlessly though.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    well according to MS its not legal to load windowz on a mac either. where can i find out how to do this?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    It's not easy or problem free. Make sure you know what you are doing so you don't mess anything up. ________________________
  • Reply 4 of 9
    lennylenny Posts: 85member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

i was wondering can i load OSX on my pc as a second OS? kind of like bootcamp for a mac but the other way around.

No you cannot. Your PC won't even boot from Mac OS install disk! You'll have to use a hacked version of Mac OS X. And even then it's not 100% that you'll be able to install it. It all depends on hardware.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

well according to MS its not legal to load windowz on a mac either. where can i find out how to do this?

Actually, according to MS, it IS legal to load Windows on a Mac. you just have to load the more expensive version of Windows. I also believe Microsoft is referring to virtualization, which is not what Boot Camp does.

the only thing Boot Camp does is to make a BIOS dependent OS able to use EFI. It is essentially a dual boot system. when the OS loads, it is not virtualized, it is native. Parallels and VMWare are virtualization solutions.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

This is the 2358th such query. What you are asking is a violation of the MacOS X EULA. Therefore, any help that you receive violates the rules of this forum.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

This is the 2358th such query. What you are asking is a violation of the MacOS X EULA. Therefore, any help that you receive violates the rules of this forum.

Not quite. The EULA states that you may install it on a single Apple-labelled computer. Handily they supply two Apple logo labels in the box. Stick one on your PC and you're good to go

Amorya
  • Reply 8 of 9
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

Not quite. The EULA states that you may install it on a single Apple-labelled computer. Handily they supply two Apple logo labels in the box. Stick one on your PC and you're good to go

Amorya

haha this is soo true!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

Amorya

Or have somebody else "sign" he EULA.