Mac users...need help please....

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm sorry to bother all you good folks,but I have a problem.

Here's the deal.I'm a musician who records music to my PC.I run win XP on this box,and before I get pelted with fruit,please let me explain.

I had initially intended to get a Mac,but found the lack of availability of particular software for it disturbing.So I bought a PC,and am quite happy with my system.However,here is my problem,which I decided to bring to some folks who are in the "know".

I have a buddy who owns a Mac(good Lord,don't ask me the OS version,as I have no idea).He came to visit me last weekend,and got to messing with some of my midi programs.He abso-smurfly fell in love with Cakewalk's Fruity Loops.

Could someone direct me to a similar product for Mac's?I went to the FL website,and I couldn't find a MacIntosh version there.If anyone here has ever used Fruity Loops,and knows of a comparable product,I would truly appreciate the help.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Hi.

I think there are plenty of musicians with macs... i have no idea of the music making software since i odn't use them ... But i hope there is someone who knows those out here.

Have you asked your friend for the details of that program? He should know..
  • Reply 2 of 9
    CuBase?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Isn't there a product in the Reason camp (Propellerhead software) that will do what FL does?

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: PBG4 Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I don't know,really.All I have from Propellerhead's camp is Rebirth for windows.

I absolutely have no clue.

But I really appreciate ya'll taking the time to reply to my lame post.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    I have no idea what fruity loops does. But I am a musician and there's no way in hell I would ever use a PC for doing music.

I use Reason, and it has a lot of looping capabilities. I don't know if that's what fruity loops does or not.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    sushiismsushiism Posts: 131member
    reason does what fruitloops does only better and much more professional, fruitloops is more of a kiddie package
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I guess that's why I like Fruity Loops.

I'm a guitarist,and you know how we need things to be kept simple.

LOL

As far as using a PC to record,I haven't had any trouble doing what I want to do in it.I'm sure that Macs are great for recording and video,but I like the rig I have.It's simple,in keeping with my philosophy.

Reason sounds good.Thanks for the help folks.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    No problem, and Reason is made for Windows, too.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Very ghoul.

I need to check it out myself.