Letdown?

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 212
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicvalentine View Post

I see you're very educated with Steve's Hairy Ball Sack!

Thou shalt not hug thy Nuts.

Serrano is right.

I have to pay 1.99 to unlock n capability on my MBP.

Perhaps it doesn't make sense but it is true.
  • Reply 202 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogue68 View Post

I'd love to know how you think Bush handled the hurricane Katrina disaster, let alone the assorted wars he's involved himself in (not that Blair was much better). The rest of the planet despises your president and US foreign policy and you think this doesn't affect your economy? dream on.

i'm glad you still have a job. look around you and see what happens to americans who don't

Well, someone erased my post about how Bush doesn't run FEMA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22718580/

Notice in the article it says FEMA issues refunds, not Bush issues refunds. In natural disasters, the first repsonder is the local and state governments.

I'm done trying to explain to foreigners who think they know everything how the system works in the US.
  • Reply 203 of 212
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Well, someone erased my post about how Bush doesn't run FEMA

What led you to think that a post about FEMA would stay in this forum?

As backtomac says, if you want to discuss politics, start a thread in Political Outsider.
  • Reply 205 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

What led you to think that a post about FEMA would stay in this forum?

As backtomac says, if you want to discuss politics, start a thread in Political Outsider.

I am trying to educate foreigners.
  • Reply 206 of 212
    Let down?

On the contrary, I couldn't have been more pleased with the keynote.

Bought the apps for my Touch as soon as the Apples Store came back online. Absolutely thrilled with them, too, especially the Notes.

Ordered a TimeCapsule today.

Ordered a MacBook Air today.

Will buy an Apple TV as soon as video rentals are available in Japan, which is hopefully later this year.

So, basically, four for four.
  • Reply 207 of 212
    "Nope not really. Other than they both run Linux they really have little to compare. The Eee PC is in effect a miniature laptop. What make the Eee PC relevant to the discussion is the fact that they where able to pack so much into the little box. Enough I/O in fact to make it attractive to a number of people that wouldn't normally go for the form factor."

ARE YOU KIDDING???

The Eee PC is remarkably under powered. For that price, you mine as well get and iPhone. It has about the same computing power. Plus it looks cooler.

Steve
  • Reply 208 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhone91 View Post

ARE YOU KIDDING???

The Eee PC is remarkably under powered. For that price, you mine as well get and iPhone. It has about the same computing power. Plus it looks cooler.

Steve

Hahahaha

I have one, and I love it. And it looks awesome. I installed XP for a bit, was able to run Halo (lets see an iPhone do that) and I decided to try and get tiger on it. I did that for a bit, then decided I'd use the normal Linux it comes with. The computer is awesome, and very capable. I can do anything on it, save for very intensive stuff. I have 17 separate desktops on mine. You can use skype with it, so that takes care of the "phone" feature. lol

You don't know what you're talking about. I love it.
  • Reply 209 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

Hahahaha

I have one, and I love it. And it looks awesome. I installed XP for a bit, was able to run Halo (lets see an iPhone do that) and I decided to try and get tiger on it. I did that for a bit, then decided I'd use the normal Linux it comes with. The computer is awesome, and very capable. I can do anything on it, save for very intensive stuff. I have 17 separate desktops on mine. You can use skype with it, so that takes care of the "phone" feature. lol

You don't know what you're talking about. I love it.

Dude, the iPhone is a PHONE. Not a game machine. That's like saying the Lexus LS is a shitty work truck or a lousy farm truck.

Let's compare like objects, or things that do what they're supposed to do. Saying that the iPhone doesn't play a video game called Halo doesn't make it worthless.
  • Reply 210 of 212
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post

And therefore, a buying opportunity.

The numbers will roll in on 2007, these announcements will take off moving forward.

Think about it, the towers came out before the keynote to focus on Air & iTunes movies, the rest of the line will freshen over time, keeping Apple in the headlines, and you'll kick yourself 6 months down the road for not buying Apple stock Now.

That $200 price target is no joke, and it'll probably go higher.

Care to revise your last statement? AAPL opened at $147 today.
  • Reply 211 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Care to revise your last statement? AAPL opened at $147 today.

Don't know exactly how much that is reflecting Apple or the world markets in general.

STOCKS PLUNGE ON RECESSION FEARS

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/...yxqbks3TSyBhIF

The Apple Drop:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...yhoo&dist=yhoo
  • Reply 212 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post

Dude, the iPhone is a PHONE. Not a game machine. That's like saying the Lexus LS is a shitty work truck or a lousy farm truck.

Let's compare like objects, or things that do what they're supposed to do. Saying that the iPhone doesn't play a video game called Halo doesn't make it worthless.

Hahaha Oh, for crying out loud.

Did you even read what I was quoting? He was the one comparing, saying that for the price of the EEE, you should just get an iPhone, saying "it has the same processing power, and looks cooler."

So I told him why the EEE was a good purchase.

Freak out at hte right person next time.