Four proposals up for vote at March Apple shareholders' meeting

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iCarbon View Post

Call me crazy, but should a stock holder who only has 500 shares really be dictating this kind of thing? heck, I have 255 -- does this allow me to add proposals? because I'd like to force Apple to add a firewire 800 port to the macbook air....

Well, I have only 10 shares, but what I lack in shares I make up for in the tears I'm shedding over Leopard's denying the user the ability to drop the hard drive icon into the dock and then navigate to any file on the hard drive via submenus. Leopard has nice features, but it seems we've been taken back to the dark ages. Or am I missing something? Anyone know of a workaround?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markspain View Post

Well, I have only 10 shares, but what I lack in shares I make up for in the tears I'm shedding over Leopard's denying the user the ability to drop the hard drive icon into the dock and then navigate to any file on the hard drive via submenus. Leopard has nice features, but it seems we've been taken back to the dark ages. Or am I missing something? Anyone know of a workaround?

You can put an alias of the hard drive in the dock and navigate from there. However, I don't quite understand what you are attempting to do.

For me there was nothing faster than a Quickey, or such, to open a particular item. However, with the introduction of Leopard, Spotlight has just about eliminated much of my (35) personal key commands and has become my primary navigator, literally finding and opening applications and files virtually on the fly. For example, a command-spacebar-s and then 'enter' opens Safari, command-spacebar-p for Preview or adding an "a" opens Pages as fast as I can type, without lifting my fingers from the keyboard and easier than trying to remember the various keyboard commands

I use about 15 programs continuously throughout the day; and everyone of them are instantaneously opened via Spotlight. Same for approximately a dozen or so projects that I am working on.

Suggest that you get a copy of Macworld's, "Total Leopard" and read the section, "FIND FILES FAST WITH SPOTLIGHT. Some great 'workarounds', even for the most advanced user.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1318...l_leopard.html
  • Reply 23 of 23
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Why is that Intuit guy still on the board?

Exactly how badly do you have to treat Mac users before you get kicked off the Apple board?