Mail notification app

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm looking for a Mail notifier that will make the Apple blink or some kind of mail icon blink in the menu bar to let me know there's mail waiting for me. I know the Mail icon in the Dock will do that, showing the number of messages waiting, but I keep the Dock hidden most of the time so something in the menu bar would be ideal.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Originally posted by mlnjr:

<strong>I'm looking for a Mail notifier that will make the Apple blink or some kind of mail icon blink in the menu bar to let me know there's mail waiting for me. I know the Mail icon in the Dock will do that, showing the number of messages waiting, but I keep the Dock hidden most of the time so something in the menu bar would be ideal.

Any ideas?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's not a visual notification, but you can have Mail play a sound whenever new mail arrives. You can set this sound per account in Mail's Preferences.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Except for the total irritation of it still making a sound even when everything that's arrived is junk...

Yes, I have put in a feature request...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    wait till konfabulator (.com) gets released...you can do that sort of stuff with K, you know....
  • Reply 4 of 4
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    If you use AIM it can do that.