Issues with iTunes 7.6 and Apples response

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Hmm. Those are some pretty big screwups...I seem to recall 7.0 or something was equally as bad for some people.

My biggest problem with 7.6 is that it keeps telling me to spend £12.99 every time I plug my iPod touch in. Get over it Apple, you're not getting my money.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

Hmm. Those are some pretty big screwups...I seem to recall 7.0 or something was equally as bad for some people.

My biggest problem with 7.6 is that it keeps telling me to spend £12.99 every time I plug my iPod touch in. Get over it Apple, you're not getting my money.

Me too and now I can't get the touch to sync.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Me too and now I can't get the touch to sync.

Mine won't do it unless I manually click "Sync" because the stupid advert has mucked the system up.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

Mine won't do it unless I manually click "Sync" because the stupid advert has mucked the system up.

I couldn't get past the 'buy the upgrade' screen.

Called Apple the solution is to sync off line. I turned off my wi fi connection and it was able to sync fine.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    I was not aware of such issues, but here is mine. iTunes (7.6) for some non apparent reason, would play as if stuck at or it will skip small portions making an annoying cracking sound. It is really annoying. By the way this is a fresh Leopard installation updated to 10.5.2 with all other updates applied and without any system modification.

Anyone else with the same problem?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who's been having a lot of issues with the 7.6 release.

Since the update I've had the most problems i've ever had with any version of iTunes. I run iTunes on 3 computers, 2 pc's and a black MacBook. I've had issues on all three computers, but primarily on the pc's as I use them 90% of the time. I actually hadn't watched any music videos until last night when i purchased a new one. The preview of the video did not have any sound, which i figured to be a itunes preview glitch. After purchasing the music video i found it still had no sound and was very jerky as for the video. I copied it onto my other pc, and found that it did the same thing..no sound, very jerky. I'm really surprised apple hasn't updated this yet, i'm sure they will soon, i'm still a fan of iTunes, but i think i will have to find a copy of the old version of iTunes somewhere to fix my music video issue. I synced the ipod with the new music video, and it did play find on the ipod, so my original thought of the download being corrupt was incorrect. I reported the problem via my iTunes account and recieved a reply from "Amy" who gave me 0 video credits and said that all sales are final. At least that was helpful. I've also had some syncing issues with 7.6. After it finishes syncing my 80gb previous version ipod, it doesn't ever say it's ok to disconnect, and if you press eject ipod in itunes, it can't eject it because another program is using the iPod. I finally figured out that if i sync it again, it can finally figure out how to eject it. A few times it never has and i've had to unplug the ipod when it says it's not safe too. I then try to manually restart it via the hold switch toggle and the top button menu salute, which normally works, but hasn't a few times lately with 7.6. THe solution is to let the iPod completely drain out it's batteries(only way to shut it down) and then charge it up and restart it. I luckily haven't lost any itunes or ipod libraries...yet. knock on wood.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I understand completely about errors with iTunes 7.6, it really is a nightmare to use. I have the Windows version, and regret ever updating from 7.4 (which was the best version I have used yet).

After it installed it said my computer needed to restart, upon restarting it then took almost twenty minutes for iTunes to even open. Within five minutes iTunes had locked up my computer and I had to manually reset it. It's deleted random pieces of album art, switching and deleting lyrics (for example, the lyrics for every track on The Beatles' "Let It Be" album were actually for the song two tracks before [ie: Across the Universe displayed the lyrics for Two of Us, I Me Mine displayed the lyrics for Dig A Pony]). Various crashes, menus not working, causing my computer to hang, not recognizing my iPod...can't wait to get home and update to 7.6.1.