Hardware inside iphone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I keep thinking, isn't Apple making MUCH MORE then 50% profit per sale on iphone? Since the hardware aren't that special at all.

Look at SE

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_c902-2250.php

They manage to fit 3G inside, longer battery life ( properly due to smaller screen ), a BRILLIANT 5Mp Autofocus Camera with Flash Light and Face Detection,

At a size even thinner then iPhone !

I hope Apple Get much better with iPhone 3G.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    How much does this SE phone with only 160MB of memory cost? I see it supports M2 memory sticks which I believe currently max out at 8GB. The camera and 3G chips are small cost items. The memory and touchscreen are the big cost items in the iPhone. Also, keep in mind this is still the 1st generation of the iPhone. Lastly, do you know anything about research and overhead costs? Profit != cost of materials.

[Rant]

Phone companies fool stupid people into thinking they are getting a great deal by skimping on memory and adding an expansion slot. This is a perfect example. Add $120 for the purchase of a 8GB stick then another $120 for a 16GB stick whenever that comes out. This phone puts you into a "nice" (for Sony) memory stick upgrade cycle. Thanks but I'll just get a 16GB iPhone now which should last me until the next generation iPhone comes out that I might want to buy.

[/RANT]
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

How much does this SE phone with only 160MB of memory cost? I see it supports M2 memory sticks which I believe currently max out at 4GB. The camera and 3G chips are small cost items. The memory and touchscreen are the big cost items in the iPhone. Also, keep in mind this is still the 1st generation of the iPhone. Lastly, do you know anything about research and overhead costs? Profit != cost of materials.

"Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Read more"