Random music playing???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay. I have had this really weird problem for a week or so:

Random music, some metal or something weird. I dont even listen to that! So I know its not on my computer, or put there by me. And it randomly starts playing... I close out of everything, even Finder, and it continues... The only way to kill it is to log out and back in....

Any help?

Virus?

Spyware?

Something else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brandon639 View Post

Okay. I have had this really weird problem for a week or so:

Random music, some metal or something weird. I dont even listen to that! So I know its not on my computer, or put there by me. And it randomly starts playing... I close out of everything, even Finder, and it continues... The only way to kill it is to log out and back in....

Any help?

Virus?

Spyware?

Something else?

This is a longshot, but a while back I was messing with widgets and I got a little flash thing in there that played music, so I deleted it and it was gone - but yeah before that random startups. So make sure its not a widget in the background.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well you know, I think it may be some widget that does it. it seems to happen when I open dashboard.... *starts hunting for odd widgets*
  • Reply 3 of 5
    nizzlenizzle Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brandon639 View Post

Well you know, I think it may be some widget that does it. it seems to happen when I open dashboard.... *starts hunting for odd widgets*

what do you guys mean "widget" ??? I am getting the same thing on my laptop. But it started on my work computer seems like after I built a playlist on playlist.com

I dunno. It's freakin me out. Now it plays s snippet of jay z

at work it does that or a whistle randomly every few hours
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Dashboard widget. Hit F12 (I think), or got to Applications >> Dashboard.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    leviticusleviticus Posts: 18member
    What I would do is look for any processes that might be running. Go ahead and check that and see if there are any odd processes running. If you find a process that seems like it doesn't belong in the list, go ahead and close that process. Get back to us if the problem continues.