iTunes 4 looking to be a MAJOR update

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
If you look at the features that are most likely going to make the next update to iTunes, this already great program is about to get alot more heavy duty.

One of the new features of course being the Rendezvous support of songs. That alone is huge.

Second and i think is the best idea Apple has come up with recently, is a the music service that they'll incorporate into iTunes. A legal, inexpensive way to download music within iTunes. At $0.99 a song, it would be more than fair and maybe help take the strain off the Record industry.

questions, comments, concerns......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    That necessary iPod update (AAC support) looks promising too. There are hundreds of feature requests on Apple's iPod Discussions forum. If a handful of them make the cut, it'll be sweet.

I hope iTunes 4 expands the Smart Playlist feature. It's limited now. I wonder if iPhoto et al will be able to use the purchased (read: copywritten) iTunes music on DVD's, Movies, and slide shows.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    As long as I can take these aac formated songs and burn them to an audio CD that can play in my car, then I'm all for it. However, if it turns into some type of "control" that will only work with "approved players" (i.e. only iTunes, iPods, etc.) then I would wish it a speedy death. Let me play my music where and when I want to play it, and I'll happily fork over my hard-earned cash for it.