View PDFs in browser rather than download...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I don't know if you all already have found this, but I am loving this plugin. It allows you to view PDFs in the browser rather than downloading them and viewing them in something else....

<a href="http://www.schubert-it.com/download/"; target="_blank">Here is where to get it</a>.

just go to the PDF download and follow the instructions for installing it. Its a great little plugin....Hope you all enjoy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    What browser are you talking about because Internet Explorer has done this for a while.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>What browser are you talking about because Internet Explorer has done this for a while.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not without the mentioned plug in.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Hmmm, I wonder if I can copy that plugin over to Safari?

Hmmm....
  • Reply 4 of 10
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    All your plug-ins reside in a universal Internet Plug-ins folder. It works just fine with Safari.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>Hmmm, I wonder if I can copy that plugin over to Safari?

Hmmm....</strong><hr></blockquote>

As frawgz said, you put it in the /Library/Internet Plug ins;/ folder and it works in safari. It's a nice little plug in that should be included with the next version of safari in case people haven't already installed it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong> It's a nice little plug in that should be included with the next version of safari in case people haven't already installed it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think that Acrobat 6.0 will have a Mac OS X compatible browser plug in.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

<strong>

Not without the mentioned plug in.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i never dled this plug in and it has always worked for me in internet explorer so whatever
  • Reply 8 of 10
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    I don't know if IE has always had it. But it works with all browsers once installed in the internet plugins folder. I am absolutely converted on this great little plugin. So, this was for those that didn't already have it, and wanted the functionality it added.

end of line....
  • Reply 9 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

i never dled this plug in and it has always worked for me in internet explorer so whatever</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you have a URL to a site where there is a PDF that works in IE?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    I generally prefer downloading them, actually; perhaps because I generally download screenplays in PDF format and want them saved on my hard drive.