iMacs, nothing but aesthetically pleasing.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
All the reviews that I have read on iMacs mainly focus on one thing?the looks. All the time I talk to people about the new iMacs or iPods, they say ?they look so cool!? Whenever I ask someone to tell me one thing about ?Apple?s wonderful creation,? they can?t really think of anything to say, instead they come up with these unviable arguments in hopes of changing my opinion. Even if iMacs were all that great, I wouldn?t want to buy a computer from a dishonest company (they are currently being sued for lying). It is all aesthetic psychology, iMac is simply using fancy appearance to get us to buy there overpriced product.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techwiz007 View Post

All the reviews that I have read on iMacs mainly focus on one thing—the looks. All the time I talk to people about the new iMacs or iPods, they say “they look so cool!” Whenever I ask someone to tell me one thing about “Apple’s wonderful creation,” they can’t really think of anything to say, instead they come up with these unviable arguments in hopes of changing my opinion. Even if iMacs were all that great, I wouldn’t want to buy a computer from a dishonest company (they are currently being sued for lying). It is all aesthetic psychology, iMac is simply using fancy appearance to get us to buy there overpriced product.

But aren't they saying something when they give you an 'unviable argument'?

Edit: Those single quotes are just for you midwinter...
  • Reply 2 of 59
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    There is something about aesthetics; people enjoy working on a sexy computer.

Before you trash the iMac too hard, be aware that there are plenty of companies and individuals using iMacs every day to produce great work The machines are also selling like hotcakes, which means people like them.

I think I smell a troll.
  • Reply 3 of 59
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Hmmm...... looks like whats-his-face-- that trolling dude who posted a quick five (which appear to have been scrubbed) got banned. Sounds like the same guy, to me.
  • Reply 4 of 59
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techwiz007 View Post

It is all aesthetic psychology, iMac is simply using fancy appearance to get us to buy there overpriced product.

Well -- they certainly haven't FOOLED you, have they! Think about how much money you saved by building your own PC, buying the '93 Honda, and dating the plain girl!
  • Reply 5 of 59
    Hey!

Plain Jane's need love too.
  • Reply 6 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hmmm...... looks like whats-his-face-- that trolling dude who posted a quick five (which appear to have been scrubbed) got banned. Sounds like the same guy, to me.

What is his face?
  • Reply 7 of 59
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Hey!

Plain Jane's need love too.

grammar police
  • Reply 8 of 59
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Crawl back under your bridge, troll.
  • Reply 9 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

grammar police

I've been trying to lure midwinter in here. So far my two attempts have yielded no results.
  • Reply 10 of 59
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Not only do Macs "look cooler" a university study shows that using them inspires users to be more creative.

News story.
  • Reply 11 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

What is his face?

DigitalChan. But he hasn't been scrubbed, I just forgot his posts are in General Discussion.

Still, birds of a feather.
  • Reply 12 of 59
    techwiz007techwiz007 Posts: 24member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Well -- they certainly haven't FOOLED you, have they! Think about how much money you saved by building your own PC, buying the '93 Honda, and dating the plain girl!

Typical iMac user attitude. lol, you are funny.
  • Reply 13 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanMacMan View Post

Not only do Macs "look cooler" a university study shows that using them inspires users to be more creative.

News story.

The iMac isn't the only cumputer that looks "cooler." Take a look at the Gateway One. Or AlienWear PCs, or Voodoo PCs.
  • Reply 14 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Crawl back under your bridge, troll.

lol, you are also funny
  • Reply 15 of 59
    face it, Apple is trying to cheat you guys. They even charge you for customer service after 3 months, and I know that Apple customer service is good.
  • Reply 16 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

There is something about aesthetics; people enjoy working on a sexy computer.

Before you trash the iMac too hard, be aware that there are plenty of companies and individuals using iMacs every day to produce great work The machines are also selling like hotcakes, which means people like them.

I think I smell a troll.

So you call only selling 1 million computers "selling like hotcakes," that's only 1/300 of America's population.
  • Reply 17 of 59
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Welcome to my ignore list.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    What is happening to this website?
  • Reply 19 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirc View Post

What is happening to this website?

Apple is motoring along pretty good now. Their wake stirs up formally quiescent muck.
  • Reply 20 of 59
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    With your trash talking, which company/ies do you like or not lying?