iMacs, nothing but aesthetically pleasing.

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Ok...

Which company do you like?

Which company has never lied or exaggerated to sell a product?

Which company has never laid off workers?

Which company has never kept a product secret until the day of launch?

Thank you.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

And we're actually having an extended conversation with a witless troll because?

Stop this horror show and lock it. The next person besides the witless troll (who can't be expected to know any better, being entirely and utterly witless) who posts in this thread has to deal with Guybrush Threepwood's sister.

You have been warned.

This is getting out of hand.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Interesting the choice not to respond to various points.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Interesting the choice not to respond to various points.

Dude! He's a witless troll! There are no "points". His every response is going to amount to "Macs teh suxor lol." Why on earth would you want to engage this?
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Very true, he is a troll.

He's on my ignore list, but I still receive the mailings. Wish they could block mailings about posts by people on that list.

This thread should be locked.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Very true, he is a troll.

He's on my ignore list, but I still receive the mailings. Wish they could block mailings about posts by people on that list.

This thread should be locked.

Right on, bro. All together now: Lock! Lock! Lock!
  • Reply 47 of 59
    L---! L---! L---!
  • Reply 48 of 59
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

L---! L---! L---!

Lick! Lust! Lips!

???

I don't get it.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    Lame! Lame! Lame! Lame!

Love! Love! Love! Love!

Or, a little tastier:

Lamb! Lamb! Lamb! Lamb!
  • Reply 50 of 59
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I'm enjoying this troll.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by techwiz007 View Post

Also, PCs don't only have the "basic parts" of a Mac. The AlienWear PCs have more sophisticated graphics cards along with HP and "I Need Power" (if that's the companies name).

If what you're after is a video card, then don't buy an iMac. I don't see why this is so hard for you to grasp.

Your assessment of the business strategies of the major PC vendors is whimsical at best... "expansion phase?" The Windows and Linux PC market is heavily commoditized, which means that it's hard for participants in it to make good profits. That's why their stocks are in the doldrums. If these guys are trying to expand their markets, the way Apple has, they're doing a lousy job at it. In fact, the only PC company to successfully expand its markets has been Apple. You can argue that as a result of this market expansion the iMac has not been engineered as a vanilla, desktop PC with a replaceable video card, but it's not going to get you anywhere. There are enough iMac sales to keep it going as a product. If iMac buyers are idiots, that's just something you'll have to live with; there's a very small chance that after growing out of teenager-dom, getting a degree, and making it happen in the business world for many years, you'll be in a place to make business decisions that may impact markets. By that time the PC market may not even exist, much less the iMac.
  • Reply 51 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

And we're actually having an extended conversation with a witless troll because?

Stop this horror show and lock it. The next person besides the witless troll (who can't be expected to know any better, being entirely and utterly witless) who posts in this thread has to deal with Guybrush Threepwood's sister.

You have been warned.

lol u retard ur attempt to phase me only make me rotf&l. I'm gonna use u 4 my mirth.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

I'm enjoying this troll.

If what you're after is a video card, then don't buy an iMac. I don't see why this is so hard for you to grasp.

Your assessment of the business strategies of the major PC vendors is whimsical at best... "expansion phase?" The Windows and Linux PC market is heavily commoditized, which means that it's hard for participants in it to make good profits. That's why their stocks are in the doldrums. If these guys are trying to expand their markets, the way Apple has, they're doing a lousy job at it. In fact, the only PC company to successfully expand its markets has been Apple. You can argue that as a result of this market expansion the iMac has not been engineered as a vanilla, desktop PC with a replaceable video card, but it's not going to get you anywhere. There are enough iMac sales to keep it going as a product. If iMac buyers are idiots, that's just something you'll have to live with; there's a very small chance that after growing out of teenager-dom, getting a degree, and making it happen in the business world for many years, you'll be in a place to make business decisions that may impact markets. By that time the PC market may not even exist, much less the iMac.

Yeah, i guess it is easy to double what you have if all you start out with is almost nothing
  • Reply 53 of 59
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Yeah, i guess it is easy to double what you have if all you start out with is almost nothing

What's more interesting is that Apple makes more profit on an iPod sale than Dell or HP do on an average PC sale. Large market share is only good if there's large profit, too.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

iMacs, nothing but aesthetically pleasing.

...like your mom.

OH!
  • Reply 55 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

...like your mom.

OH!

Actually, I think Techwiz' mom is kind of ugly. But she's a damn good lay!

• Reply 56 of 59
    Or so says Techwiz! Man, I love me some troll piñata!
  • Reply 57 of 59
    fishyesquefishyesque Posts: 725member
    Quote:

I love the iMac so much! I want to buy three!

Really? I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm!

Seriously, at LEAST stop quintuple posting. Put what you want to say in one post, don't spread it out.
  • Reply 58 of 59
    gas_pig70gas_pig70 Posts: 37member
    Quote:

Just because you have been using computers for 30 years does not mean you are an expert, anywho, I never said that the customers were being forced, I was implying "mislead," anyone could figure that out

I'm a macaroni & cheese expert.
  • Reply 59 of 59
    Quote:

All the reviews that I have read on iMacs mainly focus on one thing?the looks. All the time I talk to people about the new iMacs or iPods, they say ?they look so cool!? Whenever I ask someone to tell me one thing about ?Apple?s wonderful creation,? they can?t really think of anything to say, instead they come up with these unviable arguments in hopes of changing my opinion. Even if iMacs were all that great, I wouldn?t want to buy a computer from a dishonest company (they are currently being sued for lying). It is all aesthetic psychology, iMac is simply using fancy appearance to get us to buy there overpriced product.

You are so right. Don't buy one. Gateway's are nice and you don't have to worry about them being "pretty".