Attached Word Docs showing as MIME files

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all, was wondering if you could lend a hand and help me out. My wife is trying to email her resume to people and whenever it sends it gets attached as a MIME file and the person on the receiving end cannot read it. It's being sent as a MS Word file but changes to MIME. I've looked in the settings but can't seem to figure it out. Also, if she attaches the file through the web based email it sends fine. Only when you send through mail.app is there a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    bikracerbikracer Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dolphyjazz View Post

Hey all, was wondering if you could lend a hand and help me out. My wife is trying to email her resume to people and whenever it sends it gets attached as a MIME file and the person on the receiving end cannot read it. It's being sent as a MS Word file but changes to MIME. I've looked in the settings but can't seem to figure it out. Also, if she attaches the file through the web based email it sends fine. Only when you send through mail.app is there a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Go up under the edit menu in Apple Mail and scroll down to Attachments >Always send Windows friendly attachments. Select it. That should solve your problem.