Another major Apple event in AUGUST?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, this brand spanking new rumor has just hit the web at a few sites already. And they are pointing to this article from Stuff.tv: http://stuff.tv/News/New-MacBooks-an...-August/10145/

Quote:

New MacBooks and Apple Tablet in August?

YESTERDAY

Macbook Tablet concept

A new Mac Tablet, out in August, could look like this

While nattering with a high profile contact in the computer world this morning, we came across some hot Apple news. It turns out Cupertino is planning a major event in August. The smart money has to be on a MacBook refresh and a Tablet.

Rumours of a Mac tablet have been floating around in the wake of all the 3G iPhone chatter, with Intel even suggesting they’d be supplying the chips for such a machine.

That statement was retracted, but today’s talk is revealing. Apple does need to refresh its laptops, making them thinner and giving them a new design. But a Tablet now seems highly likely too. After chatting with our man on the inside, it appears that tech for such a product is almost good to go.

Obviously, we await Monday’s keynote for any hint. But now we’re blocking out our diary for August in anticipation of another massive Apple unveiling.

Can someone do some digging to see if they can cross-reference other rumors to see if there might be even a hint of truth in this? I guess it might make sense for macbook refreshes to correspond to Apple's back to school push no?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Stuff knows nothing. They prolly get all there info on this site.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Stuff knows nothing. They prolly get all there info on this site.

lol. That would be sad if true. But......there is something about this event being in August and Apple pushing a back to school campaign that seems....too intriguing to ignore.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    fishyesquefishyesque Posts: 725member
    I'll ignore. It'll be a better surprise that way.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Ok, this brand spanking new rumor has just hit the web at a few sites already. And they are pointing to this article from Stuff.tv: http://stuff.tv/News/New-MacBooks-an...-August/10145/

Can someone do some digging to see if they can cross-reference other rumors to see if there might be even a hint of truth in this? I guess it might make sense for macbook refreshes to correspond to Apple's back to school push no?

I think Apple will wait until MacWorld and unveil the tablet alongside OS X 10.6 which will basically just be Leopard but Intel only and add the stuff needed to make the Tablet work.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

I think Apple will wait until MacWorld and unveil the tablet alongside OS X 10.6 which will basically just be Leopard but Intel only and add the stuff needed to make the Tablet work.

But if there is no tablet at this year's WWDC then it might make more sense to debut the tablet in this so called August event. And imo it would imply that such tablet may be the larger 11 to 12 inch model for note taking/notebook replacing which might appeal to the average student. I mean, since an August event would more likely be geared toward the back to school product push.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

But if there is no tablet at this year's WWDC then it might make more sense to debut the tablet in this so called August event. And imo it would imply that such tablet may be the larger 11 to 12 inch model for note taking/notebook replacing which might appeal to the average student. I mean, since an August event would more likely be geared toward the back to school product push.

No, I still think they would pair the Tablet with a new OS X release - this thing has to run Mac OS X with Multi-Touch added to it, which is exactly what 10.6 is rumoured to be about.

Besides which, I've never heard of a Student who wanted a tablet unless it was also a notebook.

At any rate, the August event historically has only updated products, MacWorld introduces new ones.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

No, I still think they would pair the Tablet with a new OS X release - this thing has to run Mac OS X with Multi-Touch added to it, which is exactly what 10.6 is rumoured to be about.

Besides which, I've never heard of a Student who wanted a tablet unless it was also a notebook.

At any rate, the August event historically has only updated products, MacWorld introduces new ones.

I don't think its written in stone. This year's WWDC for instance is going to debut hardware which usually isn't done no?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

I don't think its written in stone. This year's WWDC for instance is going to debut hardware which usually isn't done no?

It seems to alternate.