10.2 delay and TN 2034

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I know it is probably just a pipe dream, but does anyone else think that perhaps these two events are related in some way?

If 10.2 is complete enough to have been released at MWSF but was then pushed back to a summer release, that would indicate to me that there are some major changes occurring, not just bug squashing.

Then again it is also possible that Apple is using this delay to cement the current X status quo and perhaps use the installed base of applications as an excuse to do nothing at all... that would suck.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    neomacneomac Posts: 145member
    What the hell is "TN 2034" ?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    Tech Note 2034 was posted a little while ago, further cementing Apple's intention to promote file name extensions and path based file references vice metadata and FSSpecs and aliases, among other issues. It caused a huge outcry from the developer community and Apple pulled it quickly. I am hoping that perhaps Apple has delayed 10.2 to work through these issues, or at least reconsider them.

Bringing Steve Jobs and NeXT into the fold was essential, but the new Apple has absolutely no sense of good design, human interface or usability issues.

The news items I probably should have referenced are here:

<a href="http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s%3D700%26a%3D19271,00.asp&quot; target="_blank">10.2 delay</a>

<a href="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/23113.html"; target="_blank">TN 2034 controversy</a>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hmm. I have to question how these guys would even have enough information to speculate on something like the release of 10.2 My instinct is that the time between 10.1 and 10.2 will end up being more or less the same as between 10.0 and 10.1, given a similar task list (which I think it would be).

Anyone seen any recent, post-10.1.1 builds floating around on carracho or elsewhere on the web?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>

Anyone seen any recent, post-10.1.1 builds floating around on carracho or elsewhere on the web?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, 5P28. Didn't download it tho-
  • Reply 5 of 5
    From my source...10.1.X are to stomp any bugs in 10.1 while 10.2 will feature new features/apps.