iTunes UK Film store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
While I'm glad there's now a Film for in iTunes UK, it does seem that they are lagging behind the US and Canada stores. Over the last couple of weeks not much new content has been added and some New releases that I would have expected like "Rambo" have not appeared?

Also the UK store seems to be lacking as much rental content, most of the paramount content is purchase only!? and the few new titles that have come through have a rental that is in Aug!? heck I've even seen one thats in May 2009 (A fish called wonder)

I wonder why the lack of progress? is it all the posts in the review sections of the itunes store that are moaning about the pricing? Are they trying to re-negotiate the prices? or just fed up with the moaning?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Or a simple case of the content owners dragging their feet.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Or a simple case of the content owners dragging their feet.

or maybe other players (ASDA,Tesco) moaning.. Well whatever it is I hope they can work it out?!! I want more movies!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Macworld had an interesting article on this today. http://www.macworld.com/article/1341...ideodance.html
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Macworld had an interesting article on this today. http://www.macworld.com/article/1341...ideodance.html

Apple should make the Apple TV cheaper in the UK 199 is too much, they should also introduce a subscription deal. E.g.

20 quid a month lets you download up to 20 movies or something like that?!

Add iplayer to stream catch up TV to that and they can become a real contender in the UK Digintal media marketplace.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Yes, it would be great if Apple opened up the AppleTV so that you could add iplayer, Netflix, Hulu or any other streaming service to the AppleTV. As it is now, when it comes to streaming the AppleTV is a one trick pony. It doesn't need to be.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    digmodigmo Posts: 7member
    Cool idea - an apps store for AppleTV.... iplayer etc !

One thing I don't like about the AppleTV is I feel the priority is wrong ! I want my music, my tv, my movies to be the focus and the store as as a reference. BUT AppleTV has the store first in everything and my music etc at the bottom of the menu. In some ways it is becoming an iTunes STORE extender at present.

I still love it but just would like my own content to the fore.

Digmo
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digmo View Post

One thing I don't like about the AppleTV is I feel the priority is wrong ! I want my music, my tv, my movies to be the focus and the store as as a reference. BUT AppleTV has the store first in everything and my music etc at the bottom of the menu. In some ways it is becoming an iTunes STORE extender at present.

I still love it but just would like my own content to the fore.

Digmo

I have the same dislike. I would like the AppleTV to focus on my media not the iTunes Store.