Trouble with texting?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Picked up my iPhone yesterday. Most everything seems to be working as advertised except for texting. I did not purchase a text plan because I do not text frequently enough to justify $30 and was just going to pay the .20 per text. But I have been unable to send or receive texts to any number of contacts that I have attempted this with. Is there a setting I am missing, or should I contact AT&T? Muchos Gracias!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post

Picked up my iPhone yesterday. Most everything seems to be working as advertised except for texting. I did not purchase a text plan because I do not text frequently enough to justify $30 and was just going to pay the .20 per text. But I have been unable to send or receive texts to any number of contacts that I have attempted this with. Is there a setting I am missing, or should I contact AT&T? Muchos Gracias!

I would contact AT&T. I have a 1st gen iPhone and I've never had any problems texting. One thing though, you can get 200 text messages for only $5 which isn't a bad deal although the included 200 with the original plan was better.